These terms and conditions are bound to be agreed by one who (the Service recipient) hire the moving services offered by Auckland Movers Packers.
These terms and conditions are coincided with the services and will be enforceable until the completion of the service you have taken.
We are not common carriers and accept no obligation as such.
Throughout the discretion of our services, we reserve the right to refuse or deny to quote the carriage of any item or goods for any person.
You agree & acknowledge that:
a)We will provide moving services through the provision of transport, labor, and moving expertise (‘our Services’) in accordance with these terms and conditions.
b) You will not hold us liable for any damage caused to your Goods arising as a result of them not being adequately protected and appropriately packed as required in condition 2(c).
c) You must advise us of any fragile goods, or goods requiring special treatment, prior to the commencement of the Move.
a)We will provide moving services through the transport channels, labor, and moving expertise, at par with only the given terms and conditions applicable.
b)We will only add packaging services when these are specifically quoted for you or by you.
c)We can anytime hire a contractor or subcontractors to perform the move wholly or partially.
- We provide standard public liability insurance without any extra cost to the customer- Coverage of Public Liability Insurance is up to $ 5 Million. If the client claims for Public Liability Insurance then access fees of $500 is payable by the client. We can provide the Certificate of Currency on request.- Where you have complied with these terms and conditions, we will guarantee our Services in accordance with Condition 7.
Our fees are charged as follows:
a)Service will be charged as per our hourly rates
b)A call-out fee or fuel charges will be applicable, whichever are agreed with you prior to the commencement of the Move. In determining the fees payable to us under these terms and conditions, our Services and the Move commence at the time we arrive at the first address and complete at the time you pay all fees owing to us and sign the booking sheet in accordance with condition 5(c).
c)Payment could be upfront or made enduring the move. The payment duration and mode will be solely decided and asked by us. We have all rights to take the items and goods under our custody until the payment is made.
Cancellation of a booking must be completed before 48 business hours prior to the date of booking. Any cancellations after this time will be subject to a charge equal to the call out and return fee for that particular booking.
5.DURING THE MOVE
a)Method of carriage we are entitled to transport the Goods by any reasonable route we select. Present during the move
b)Either you or an appointed adult representative must be present at all times during the entirety of the loading and unloading of the Move.
It is your responsibility to ensure that all Goods we load are unloaded at the destination at the completion of the Move. The truck must be parked at the “loading zone” or on the road.
However, if clients require the truck to enter their driveway, therefore, any damage to the property caused will be the responsibility of the client.
Completion of the move- You MUST sign your booking sheet in the appropriate place to confirm the Move has been completed.
(a) NOTIFICATION OF DAMAGE
- You MUST inspect all Goods as they are unloaded.-Immediately following your inspection under condition 6(a)(i), you must notify us of any damage caused to your Goods during the move AND you must list any damage on your booking sheet. We will not be liable for anything reported after once our team left from your property.
(b) OUR DAMAGE ONLY- As you have the right to participate in the move, we are not liable for any damage not caused solely by us.
7.GUARANTEE & LIABILITY
-Subject to compliance with these terms and conditions and conditions 7(b) to condition 7(e), we guarantee that our Services will be executed with due care and skill. To the extent, we cause damage to the Goods
-(‘Damaged Goods’) as a direct result of failing to exercise due care and skill during the Move, we will at our sole discretion:
-Repair the Damaged Goods to as near the condition prior to the damage occurring; Replace the Damaged Goods if a repair cannot be performed; or
- Compensate you for the damage caused to the Goods.
- Where we elect to repair any Damaged Goods under condition 7(a)(i), the repair will be made as near the condition prior to the damage occurring, and will strictly be limited to the affected area of the damage only.
- Any repairs will be undertaken by the skillful repairer of our selection and you must make the Damaged Goods available to us to undertake the repair.
- Where we elect to replace the Damaged Goods under condition 7(a)(ii), the replacement will be as near to the condition the Goods were in prior to the damage. To be clear, any damaged item and goods are not necessary to be replaced by new goods.
(d) Compensate or Refund
- Where we elect to compensate you under condition 7(a)(iii), we will only be liable for loss or damage resulting from our negligence and in any event that liability will be limited to a maximum of $100 per item or package or maximum $1000 in respect of all goods moved under this agreement (whichever is the lesser).”
(e) Exclusions from our Liability To the fullest extent permitted by the law, we specifically exclude and limit any liability under the Guarantee, these terms and at law that arises from:
- Unconfirmed Items: where items have been added to the moving list without consultation with our office staff prior to the day of the move.
- Identified Risks: Company is not liable for the damage where the existing condition/circumstances of an item OR a particular direction or instruction contravenes our normal workmanship standards like for moving Pianos and Pool Tables requires minimum 3-4 movers depending upon the size and weight of the item but if done with inappropriate manpower, It will be verbally agreed between you and us relating to existing conditions/circumstances of an item and hence will not be covered by this guarantee.
- Unknown Risks: where the damage arises from conditions or things which are not known to us, for example from a defect in any Goods that is not immediately obvious.
- Inadequate/inappropriate packing: where damage has arisen as a direct or indirect result of you failing to adequately protect and appropriately pack the Goods.
- Inadequate notice: where you fail to notify us of the damage to the Goods at the time of completing the Move in accordance with condition 6(a).
- Unavoidable Risks: self-assembled furniture that has not been flat-packed for transport, electronic goods & white goods not packed in their original packaging or appropriate box suitable for transport, items in excess of safe lifting limits, marble or masonry items, mattresses not in protected wrapping, pot plants or fish tanks or any other item whereby moving such an item can cause unavoidable damage due to the nature of that item.
- Electrical Goods: internal damage to electrical goods where we have caused no external damage, as some items may develop unavoidable faults no matter how carefully handled.
- Curved Televisions: due to their inherent design, it has been found that damage can occur to curved televisions even when properly packed and handled, and as such are excluded from any guarantee.
- Non-structural damages: where the damage to an item or property is of a cosmetic nature such as surface dents or scratches.
- Consequential loss or damage: any consequential loss or damage arising in respect of the Move or any damage caused during the Move to the Goods, other items that are not being moved, or the property at which the goods are being removed from or delivered.
- Sets: Where an item is part of a pair, set, suite or collection of items, our liability shall extend only to the proportionate part of the pair, set, suite or collection of items, regardless of any special value the damage or lost part may have as part of such pair, set, suite or collection of items.
- Transport damage: where the damage relates to or arises from the transport vehicle being damaged by fire, flood, collision or overturning and we are compensated by our insurer, you will only be entitled to compensation to the extent such compensation is covered by our insurance.
- Mobile storage: where items have been moved into a mobile storage container.
- Fees: where you fail to make full payment of the fees owing to us in accordance with these terms and conditions.
- Gratis work: any move which is completed for no charge to any parties involved is excluded from this Guarantee Single removalist moves: any move involving only one member of staff is excluded from this Guarantee.
(f) Competition and Consumer Act
- The promise to repair, replace, or compensate provided by us is in addition to any rights that you may also have arising from the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 or other relevant consumer law. Those additional rights remain to the extent that they cannot be excluded. To the extent that they can be excluded they are. Where they cannot be excluded then such rights and any remedies Arising, therefore, are modified and limited to the fullest extent permitted by law.
8.FURTHER CONDITIONS OF ENGAGEMENT
- We reserve the right to suspend work or vacate a property due to any issue endangering the health & safety of our staff, contractors, or subcontractors.
- We reserve the right to refuse to transport any item where the weight of that item exceeds our safe-lifting limits (32kg for one man, 80kg for two men).
9.LIEN OVER GOODS
- To the fullest extent permitted by the law and in addition to any other rights we may have at law, all goods we receive are subject to a general lien for any sum of money due by you to us relating to the Services provided by us in the Move. Unless otherwise agreed by us in writing, payment is required in full by cleared funds at the time of booking the removal or storage period. In default of such payment, we reserve the right to refuse to commence removal or storage until such payment is received.
- We reserve the right to vary these terms and conditions at any time subject to written notice being given to you prior to the Move.
- You are liable for any additional cost(s) incurred by us, as a result of a breach of these terms and conditions.
- Any provision in these terms and conditions which is prohibited or unenforceable is to be severed and read down to the extent necessary to make these terms and conditions enforceable unless it would materially change the intended effect of these terms and conditions and can lead to misunderstanding.
- All the terms and conditions are applicable and governed by central power which is New Zealand Lawmaking authority. You will be obliged to agree to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the New Zealand courts.
It was an amazing experience with the Auckland Movers Packers. We have moved a lot in Auckland and each time books their removalists services. Starting with their pre-move service, they surveyed our home furniture and listed down our needs. They loaded our property with the utmost care as if it would theirs. I am satisfied with the choice of vehicles they used to locate my stuff. Our belongings were safely moved. They did a post-move cleaning of our new house as well and arranged our furniture as per our command. I am 100% satisfied with the Auckland Movers Packers, they are one of the best moving companies Auckland, I would highly recommend it to everyone.
- Mason Walsh
We have recently moved to Howick. And if to put the work of Auckland Movers Packers Furniture Movers into a word, I would choose “Perfect”. I was worried at first, how will I manage everything? But as soon as we contacted the Auckland Movers Packers, our stress flew! There moving company in Auckland provided us with prompt checklists to get prepared for the move, which helped me and my family a lot. The Moving staff was well skilled and professional. Their tools and techniques were polished and practiced. My belongings reached with utmost care and safety. I will highly recommend Auckland Movers Packers House Removals Service.
Auckland Movers Packers are the best Auckland Movers near me. They helped me move through the intercity. They have a highly professional removals team that gives on the spot solutions and leaves no stone unturned in giving the maximum moving satisfaction. They were extremely humble, polite, and coordinating. I am fully satisfied with their service.
- Andrew Finn
Auckland Movers Packers Furniture movers exceeded my expectations. My family members recommended that I hire them. They personally came to survey my house, they took photographs, listed the suitable packaging and trolleys needed to locate my piano, and finalized the quotation. On the day of moving, they were punctual and polite. The loading machines were apt. My belongings were moved with the highest care and I will definitely recommend it to everyone. They are literally the best Packers and movers in Auckland near me.
- Natalia Connelly
Fantastic work by Auckland Movers Packers Removalists. They provided me with a very high-quality moving service yet at a very cheap rate. They are the best budget movers in Auckland near me. I relocated my office from Botany Downs to cockle bay. Though it is quite stressful when you relocate your office from such a long distance, I must mention here, I was at my highest relief while I moved. Auckland Movers Packers were quick, professional, and faultless. My office essentials were moved with care and protection. I have already recommended it to my friends.